RECOMMENDED READING BOOK to cover all basic prayer skills
Following the highly popular BBC series ‘The Big Silence’, this year’s Archdiocesan Lenten Reading Book is ‘Growing into Silence’. This is an easy to read and easy to use book for individuals or groups and ideal for parish faith formation, especially growth in prayer and reflection. The Archdiocesan Pastoral Resources Office will produce guidelines for Group Leaders, for those who wish to use this is in a communal setting. This resource is also adaptable for ecumenical groups.
- Prayer resources (PDF)
- THEOLOGY for CATECHESIS Hours of God; God’s invitation to relationship through prayer (PDF)
- Learn about prayer and scripture through the Discerning Hearts website.
- Personal Prayer Life tips and suggestions from Loyola Press
- Poetry as Prayer
- Poetry . e.g. Patrick Purnell SJ
- Prayer & Spirituality Resources
- Pathways to God resources
Talks on Prayer
- PONDERING IN OUR HEART: SCRIPTURAL REFLECTIONS ON MARY
from Pathways to God; a series of talks on Mary and prayer
- BIBLICAL MODELS OF PRAYER from Pathways to God
A series of talks on biblical characters and their prayer
- Listen to Bishop Robert Barron on prayer
- Silence with Cardinal Sarah
Online Ignatian Retreat based on the Spiritual Exercises
in book form
Retreat in the Real World: Finding Intimacy with God Wherever You Are
Andy Alexander and Maureen McCann Waldron
Want to learn more?
For Prayer Courses and access to Spiritual Directors and retreats visit The Epiphany Group website.